Friday, April 28, 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Flood Bucket & Health Kit Collection May 31st
UNY Conference United
Open House Methodist
UNY Conference United
The UNY Disaster Response Team is collecting flood buckets and health kits at the
Open House, 7481 Henry Clay Blvd.,
Liverpool. The Open House is Wednesday, May 31
(the day before Annual Conference) from 3:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Flood buckets and health kits are to be brought directly to the two garage bays behind the
Henry Clay Blvd building.
Relief-supply kits help provide care for the most vulnerable people during times of crisis. UMCOR collects 6 types of kits for global distribution and cleaning buckets for
distribution after storms. US
o Buckets from fast-food restaurants or bakeries can be used if washed and cleaned
o Do not use buckets that have stored chemicals such as paint or pool cleaner
o Advertisements on the outside are acceptable
o One 50-oz. or two 25-oz. bottle(s) only
o 12‐16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water * No spray cleaners
o 16‐28 oz. bottle any brand
o Aerosol or pump
o 6‐14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover
o Plastic or wooden handle
o Handi Wipes or reusable wipes
o No terry cleaning towels * Remove from packaging
o No cellulose sponges due to mold issues - Remove from wrapper
· Remove from wrapper
o No stainless steel, Brillo pads, or SOS pads (nothing with soap built in)
· One 100-ft. or two 50-ft. lines * Cotton or plastic
· 33‐ to 45-gallon sizes * Remove from the box
o Should be durable enough for multiple uses * Remove from packaging
o Cotton with leather palm or all leather
Place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket, fitting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins, and trash bags can be separated in order to fit all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
· All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid.
· All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders, please.
· If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.
· If all of the items on the list are not included, please put a label on the bucket indicating what has been omitted.
· Cleaning buckets are only used within the
. They are not opened to verify the
contents unless there is indication that some items have been omitted. United
· UMCOR does require that the source of manufacturing be removed from the kit contents. For example, if an item in a kit has a stamp that says, “Made in the
USA” or “Made in ,” that stamp must be removed,
covered or blacked out. China
· Each packed box cannot exceed 66 pounds.
· one for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
· Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shipping list helps the depot to quickly process kits.
· Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1.50 for each kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent to areas in need.
Posted by G. Franklin, Publisher at 7:03 PM
Posted by G. Franklin, Publisher at 7:01 PM