Saturday, November 21, 2020

11/22/20 Worship

To view this morning's live worship, click here: https://fb.watch/1Wg_bJKsyR/

To follow the Order of Worship for 11/22/20, click on:

Order of Worship - Sunday, November 22, 2020

Prelude        

Welcome

Announcements

Silent Prayer

Call To Worship

L: The Lord continually watches all of God’s own sheep.
P: They are led to green pastures and brought before stilled waters.
L: Praise God for God’s tender and loving care of us.
P: Thanks to God for all the mercies God shows to us.
L: Let us enter God’s house with hearts filled with joy.
P: O Lord, open our spirits to respond to your words of compassion. AMEN.


Opening Song         Come Now Is the Time to Worship (on screen video)

 

Offertory Prayer

God of mercy and compassion, what is the offering that pleases you most? Certainly, not the token gift that makes us feel we done all that is required, but a gift that reminds us that need is all around us, and compassion and love are needed desperately and can be given extravagantly. May the gifts we give through your church help the hungry, thirsty, the imprisoned; but may our whole being be centered on seeing the opportunities to personally make your love real to a hurting world. We follow in Christ’s holy, loving way. Amen.

Scripture       Matthew 25:31-46

The Judgment of the Nations

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. 34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

 

Special Music          My Story

Sermon        This Is My Story: The Journey Continues

Moment of Reflection

A Time of Thanksgiving

Joys and Concerns

Pastoral Prayer


The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Song          Crown Him, With Many Crowns              #327

Crown him with many crowns, the Lamb upon his throne,

Hark! How the heavenly anthem drowns all music but its own.

Awake, my soul, and sing of him who died for thee,

And hail him as thy matchless King through all eternity.

 

Crown him the Lord of life, who triumphed o’er the grave,

And rose victorious in the strife for those he came to save,

His glories now we sing, who died, and rose on high,

Who died, eternal life to bring, and lives that death may die.

 

Crown him the Lord of peace, whose power a scepter sways

From pole to pole, that wars may cease, and all be prayer and praise.

His reign shall now no end, and round his pierced feet

Fair flowers of paradise extend their fragrance ever sweet.

 

Crown him the Lord of love; behold his hands and side,

Those wounds, yet visible above, in beauty glorified.

All hail, Redeemer, hail!  For thou hast died for me;

Thy praise and glory shall not fail throughout eternity.

         

Benediction/Sending Forth

We worship God in sanctuaries, in beautiful, holy spaces. But Christ has told us that if we want to find him in this world, we will seek out the lost, the least of his brothers and sisters—those who are hungry, thirsty, sick, in prison, naked and estranged. May we go forth this day with eyes open to seeing Christ in our world, and may we know God’s love by loving one another. May we love, not just in word and speech, but in truth and action.

Postlude                


No comments:

Post a Comment