Monday, November 9, 2020

11/8/20 Worship

Here is the link to this morning's worship: 

For the Order of Worship, click on:

Order of Worship - Sunday, November 8, 2020

Prelude        

Welcome

Announcements

Silent Prayer

Call To Worship

L: We have come to worship God, the living God

P: Who calls prophets, teachers, and us here to bear witness

L: We have come to praise God, the almighty God

P: Who answers the forces of hatred and hurt with the power of grace

L: We have come to worship God, all-gracious God

P: Who chooses even you and me to receive and carry the Word of life and hope out into the world. AMEN.


Opening Song         The Summons                            TFWS # 2130

Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?

Will you go where you don’t know and never be the same?

Will you let my love be shown, will you let my name be known,

Will you let my life grown in you and you in me?

 

Will you leave yourself behind if I but call your name?

Will you care for cruel and kind and never be the same?

Will you risk the hostile stare should your life attract or scare?

Will you let me answer prayer in you and you in me?

 

Will you let the blinded see if I but call your name?

Will you set the prisoners free and never be the same?

Will you kiss the leper clean, and do such as this unseen,

And admit to what I mean in you and you in me?

 

Will you love the “you” you hide if I but call your name?

Will you quell the fear inside and never be the same?

Will you sue the faith you’ve found to reshape the world around,

Through my sight and touch and sound in you and you in me?

 

Lord, your summons echoes true when you but call my name.

Let me turn and follow you and never be the same.

In your company I’ll go where your love and footsteps show.

Thus I’ll move and live and grow in you and you in me.


 


 


Offertory Prayer

Great Provider God, we offer these gifts to you today out of gratitude for what you have given us in our lives. We give the gifts of our time, service, witness, prayer, and treasure to you and ask that you bless them and multiply them abundantly for your ministries in this world. It is in Jesus’ name that we pray, AMEN

Scripture       Isaiah 6:6-8, Matthew 28:16-20

Special Music          My Song   by Big Daddy Weave

Sermon        This Is My Story: My Story, God’s Vision

                                                                      Rev. Gregg Stierheim, Pastor, Wesley’s Place

Joys and Concerns

Pastoral Prayer


The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Song           We Are the Body of Christ                     TFWS # 2227

One heart, one Spirit, one voice to praise you, we are the body of Christ.

One goal, one vision; To see you exalted.  We are the body of Christ.

And to this we give our lives to see you glorified.

One heart, one Spirit, one voice to praise you, we are the body of Christ. 

One goal, one vision; To see you exalted.  We are the body of Christ.

 


Benediction/Sending Forth

Postlude       


No comments:

Post a Comment